God’s Hand of Protection…
Praise the Lord alone for his protective hand and for those of you who were praying at roughly 5pm (10am Eastern) on Saturday evening.
At about 4:30, Mama Lexi (that is what Jessica is called in Kenya) was cooking dinner – some fabulous smelling chicken. About halfway through the preparation she realized our stove was no longer warm. The 15kg tank of propane that fuels the stove had run out. After finding out where to purchase a replacement tank, I brought one home – a defective one that leaked propane out the regulator and into the kitchen. Naturally, I returned the tank and picked up a new one. Upon successfully installing a new tank I walked out side looking for the kids, leaving Jessica to finish cooking dinner. What neither of us realized was that the oven was still on and was filling the stove.
As she reached down with a lit match to light the stove – yes, that is the proper way to light our stove – the trapped gas exploded, knocking her off of her feet and on to the ground. The windows rattled, objects shook in the other room and the explosion was loud enough to leave her with a ringing in her ears. PRAISE THE LORD that she was left with only a minor flash burn on one finger and some singed hair on her arm. She knew instantly that she had been supernaturally protected.
We are utterly convinced that her protection was a result of God’s Hand moving through the prayers of His children. Thank you to all who are praying, please don’t stop!
At about 4:30, Mama Lexi (that is what Jessica is called in Kenya) was cooking dinner – some fabulous smelling chicken. About halfway through the preparation she realized our stove was no longer warm. The 15kg tank of propane that fuels the stove had run out. After finding out where to purchase a replacement tank, I brought one home – a defective one that leaked propane out the regulator and into the kitchen. Naturally, I returned the tank and picked up a new one. Upon successfully installing a new tank I walked out side looking for the kids, leaving Jessica to finish cooking dinner. What neither of us realized was that the oven was still on and was filling the stove.
As she reached down with a lit match to light the stove – yes, that is the proper way to light our stove – the trapped gas exploded, knocking her off of her feet and on to the ground. The windows rattled, objects shook in the other room and the explosion was loud enough to leave her with a ringing in her ears. PRAISE THE LORD that she was left with only a minor flash burn on one finger and some singed hair on her arm. She knew instantly that she had been supernaturally protected.
We are utterly convinced that her protection was a result of God’s Hand moving through the prayers of His children. Thank you to all who are praying, please don’t stop!








Hi Kyle, Jess & all:
Just caught up on all your entries!!! We were in Kalamazoo Saturday night at a wedding about the time of your explosion!!! While I pray for you daily (your picture is on our kitchen table) right at that moment we were getting ready for the reception. Interesting the public transporatation system there. Maybe I need to stop complaining about the construction on 475 these days!!! It is warm and humid back here. I did not realize it was winter there. I pray you are all healthy and will stay that way. I'm on my way to the CHM clinic tonight to volunteer. There is no air conditioning in the church basement and I'm sure it will be pretty sticky. I've never communicated on a blog site before. Hope I did it right:)
Take care
Denise
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:55 PM
Kyle & Jess,
Glad to hear that Jess was not more seriously hurt in the kitchen mishap. Hope the Swahili classes are going well.
We keep praying for you for your protection is all areas of your lives.
Still enjoying the CD.
roger (and cheryl)
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:55 AM
HOLY TOLEDO! I am so glad to hear that Jess was not more seriously injured! I am going to step it up on the praying for you all!
YSIC,
Shawn
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:57 PM
Hello all,
You knew I would find you eventually by way of Al Gore's invention. (yeah,right)
Please tell "Mama Lexi" to get on the Matatu and head to Mickey D's for all future cooking events.
More as I catch up to you and your zany escapade.
All the very best to you,
Larry
Posted by
Larry |
5:58 PM